Local Internet Marketing Association
LIMA is the only organization that sets standards and ethics for those that engage in online marketing for local business.
LIMA and the local marketers that belong to the association, pride ourselves on ethics, standards and practices that direct everything we do in marketing.
This is no different than a professional organization you may belong to related to your niche or industry. Dentists, Vets, Doctors and Home Service Professionals of all types have professional organizations they belong to that directs them in best practices, ethics, etc. LIMA operates in the same way for Local Marketing Agencies.
The LIMA Code of Ethics:
The Local Internet Marketing Association is dedicated to the promotion of the highest standards for professional ethics for its organization and for all members. These ethics represent the collective ideas of what business communities find morally acceptable and ethically proper. We, the leaders of LIMA, utilize these ethics and values to serve as the guidelines for our own behavior and expect LIMA members also to use these ethics as guidelines for their professional actions and the actions of any people they employ in their businesses.
The LIMA Code of Ethics includes the following criteria for desired and expected behavior from LIMA members:
Do no harm. This is a common code of ethics for professionals from all industries and occupations. As marketing professionals, we strive to do no harm by purposely avoiding actions that may be detrimental to others, including omissions of facts. We adhere at all times to laws of the land and industry regulations.
Practice honest and trustworthy marketing. Utilize fairness and upright practices that promote a high level of ethics—always avoiding deceptive practices in marketing, such as misleading product design or marketing communications, or unfair pricing.
Promote good will and ethics toward clients, consumers and other marketers. Work to build rapport through growing confidence in fair marketing practices. Strive always to be honest, fair, transparent, responsible and respectful in all professional relationships.
Avoid any participation in the promotion for goods and services that do not exist.
Practice fair e-mail marketing and telemarketing practices—only using targeted promotions that follow accepted industry guidelines; avoiding use of contact information obtained through underhanded methods.
Do not utilize illegal payments (direct or indirect) to gain a certain status from partners, clients, consumers, government entities or suppliers.
Avoid utilizing marketing communications that unfairly attack or slander competitors, including other companies, marketers or products and services.
Utilize truthful marketing communications and advertisements that accurately portray companies, organizations, products and services; do not make claims about clients or their products and services without supportive documentation or proof of the claims.
Uphold the law and government statutes in all business activities.
Promote only products and services of value that hold true to the claims of their marketing messages.
Why Hire a LIMA Member?
When you begin your search for a qualified local business marketing professional, you may be met by a horde of hype-driven candidates, each claiming to be the best in the business. The truth is that many are learning as they go. Some even use tactics and tools that can backfire and plunge your business into online invisibility.
But when you work with a LIMA Member, the local spotlight shines on your business. Your ideal customers can find you – even if they don’t yet know you exist. They get to know, like, and trust you enough to make a buying decision. Your sales cycle shrinks, too, because your prospects practically sell themselves before they even call or visit.
- LIMA members have at their fingertips a continuous stream of the latest, cutting-edge online marketing techniques and possess the know-how required to use these techniques to benefit your local business. They are well trained in the key areas of mobile marketing, paid advertising, reputation management, video marketing, social media and more.
- They receive extensive training and support from industry leaders to guide them through any challenge you may face in your local business marketing. This means you have access to the LIMA member you hire and through him or her you also have access to a team of the top local business marketing professionals the industry has to offer.
- LIMA members know how to run profitable local business marketing campaigns, while saving your business money on marketing costs. Lower Marketing Budget + Increased Sales = Big Profits for your business.
- They specialize in the small, local business sector.
- They are passionate about helping your small business grow and achieve profits like never before, even in the face of a shaky economy.
- Choosing a LIMA Member is a Smart Business Decision
- LIMA membership provides local business owners with peace of mind. You can put your trust in a local business marketing expert who has your best interest and ultimate success in mind as well as the skills, support and tools to back it up. All members must adhere to our Code of Ethics. LIMA membership gives local business marketing professionals all they need to meet your marketing needs.
There’s no reason to settle for a marketing consultant who may or may not know how to effectively promote your local business, when you can choose to hire a LIMA member who is fully focused on and equipped to deliver successful local business marketing.
An Added Advantage for You!
In addition to being a current member of LIMA, our own Business Development Manager, Michael Belba, has recently been selected as a Certified Advisor of the LIMA Association. This means you have the very best of the best at your side for your online marketing activities.
Michael has seen and done it all online. Over 22 years actively helping businesses just like yours, make their online presence a raging success story.
Give us a call today, and put a winning team on your side.
Call today: (509) 578-1612